IN RESPONSE TO STAY IN PLACE ORDER, MARCH 18, 2020:
This to update you all on our plans for the next few weeks. I know this is not an ideal situation, but with much prayer, thought, and consultation we have decided to move all church activities online for the foreseeable future. I hope this can answer most the questions you may have, but if there is any confusion please feel free to reach out. email@example.com
I do want to start by letting you know that I believe God is working, and while we may not be able to meet in person for a short time, this is a tremendous opportunity to share His love, peace, hope, and joy! We choose to walk in peace not fear. Our church, God’s church, is so much bigger than Sunday mornings and we will make it through this!
WHY HOLD CHURCH ONLINE?
We feel it is our responsibility as shepherds to care for the people God has given us. Therefore, to remain vigilant in keeping everyone healthy we have chosen to move to an online only worship service until the leadership of our state deem it safe to begin meeting again in large gatherings.
On Sundays at 10:30 click here to WATCH ONLINE.
HOW LONG WILL THIS LAST?
We honestly do not know the answer to this question. We are monitoring the situation day by day as the information changes. We are in contact with our state and city leadership, and will be notified when the state feels that large gatherings are safe to resume.
WHEN WILL THIS BEGIN?
We will begin our online services this Sunday morning, March 22, at 10:30 am.
HOW WILL THIS WORK?
We have chosen to focus the next few weeks on these areas.
1. Maintaining weekly contact with The Edge Church people.
- We feel it is important for all us to maintain contact through this season! The church is built on community and communication and we want to continue that the best we can! Here is what you can do and what to expect.
- We need to make sure that everyone’s contact info is correct in our data base. You can help by logging into Planning Center and updating this information for us! UPDATE INFO HERE
- Our leadership will be reaching out weekly to check in on our families! We want to know how we can pray for you, meet needs, and just say hello! We want to pray with you. We encourage you to use our PRAYER REQUEST option. Prayer is the most powerful tool we have in this time. Let’s lift one another up!
2. Having an Online Worship Experience
We know that there is nothing like us getting together and lifting up the name of Jesus! We also understand that we cannot duplicate that with an online service. But we want to do the best we can to help you feel a part. This service will be broadcasted at the church live every Sunday Morning at 10:30 am. We feel it is important to have a LIVE feel to it so that people feel engaged in the content. Here are some specifics of how we intended to do that.
- We are going to have at time of Praise and Worship and I will continue to teach from God’s word. We encourage you to have your family around the TV or computer and worship just as you would at church! Where 2 or 3 are gathered together in the name of Jesus, HE is there!! Use this link to tune in. FIND US ON FACEBOOK HERE
- We encourage you to share the video and have virtual “watch parties”. This can be done by clicking the watch party option on FB and using it as a tool to engage people who need to hear our message! It is a great opportunity to share the message of Jesus! Make sure you use these hashtags so we can all follow each other! #theedgegreenville #realchurchrealpeoplerealsimple #theedgechurch
- I will give some discussion questions at the end of each message that families can discuss once the message is over. This will help you keep your family engaged spiritually!
- Our EdgeKidz and Revolution Student teams will be periodically releasing videos and material for our kids and parents! This will resource our parents as we want to continue pouring into our kids and students regularly!
- During the online service we encourage everyone to interact using the chat option! Share your thoughts on the message, give prayer request, and say hello to everyone! Stay engaged!
3. You can give online through some simple steps!
Our faithfulness and generosity is never more important than in times of crisis and uncertainty. We want to be able to meet needs as they arise and that requires us to remain steadfast in generosity. Here are the links and easy ways to give.
GIVE ONLINE HERE
If you would like to mail checks they can be sent to:
The Edge Church . 506 Edwards Rd. Greenville . SC . 29615
4. LINK Small Groups
Our weekly LINK Small Groups will be suspended at this time.
5. Outreach and meeting needs
We want to find ways to be a blessing and a beacon of hope to your community and families in this trying time. We do not yet know what needs may arise through this so we are continuing to pray that God will lead us to the needs He wants us to meet! I know that this can be a frightening time for so many. While I know and understand the threat is real I want to encourage you to not let fear rule or have reign. We as followers of Christ have a unique opportunity when facing difficult and uncertain situations. God tells us over and over again not to be afraid or discouraged because He is in control, and He is ever present with us.
“You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.” – Psalms 91:5-6
"Fear not, for I am with you: be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous hand." – Isaiah 41:10
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
– Philippians 4:6-7
“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” – 2 Timothy 1:7
And always remember The Edge’s name is pulled directly from Hebrews 4:12;
“For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.”
I love each of you dearly and will praying for you daily! I will miss seeing you all in person on Sunday, but I will see you online at 10:30am!
Pastor Brad and Robin Lewis